UNDERSTANDING THE POWER OF PRAISE
SUNDAY PROPHETIC SERVICE
PRAISE, THANKSGIVING, WORSHIP & MIRACLE MEAL
FROM GREAT GRACE TABERNACLE
UNDERSTANDING THE POWER OF PRAISE
When understanding is not in place, whatever you do may not yield much results
No matter how much you are told about the benefits of a particular thing; you may not benefit from that thing until you reach the point of understanding.
OUR PROPHETIC FOCUS FOR THE MONTH OF MAY 2022 IS SUPERNATURAL BREAKTHROUGHS FROM Psalm 18:29 (BBE)
Going through a barrier is called breakthrough.
The type of breakthrough where you are assisted by God is called supernatural breakthrough.
Supernatural means something that does not exist in the natural.
According to word web, breakthrough means:
1) Productive insight.
2) Making an important discovery.
3) Penetration through a barrier such as an enemy’s defense.
God operates according to seasons and times, all that is needed is sensitivity.
When a man receives favor automatically he has a breakthrough.
You must ask from God correctly according to seasons (Zechariah 10:1)
THE POWER OF PRAISE
1 Peter 2:9
He chose you so that you show forth His praises.
It is important to understand why God must be praised. Psalm 47:1
WHAT IS PRAISE?
1) To cheer God.
2) Raising God’s ego.
3) Making our boast in God (boasting about what God has done).
4) Recognizing the person of God.
5) It is celebrating God.
6) The sound of praise is distinct; it can never be mistaken with the sound of mourning.
7) It is singing and dancing in celebration to God.
Making sound with instruments.
If praise involves celebration, there must be an object to celebrate.
INGREDIENTS OF PRAISE.
1) Praise has physical expressions
2) Praise must have an audible sound.
3) Praise has physical action.
Praise is something we do.
4) Praise involves emotional release.
Praise is meant for God to enjoy.
Though we enjoy praise, the enjoyment is meant for God.
5) Praise must have reverence for God.
WHY SHOULD I PRAISE GOD?
1) BECAUSE OF WHO HE IS (PSALM 149:1, 48:1, 96:4)
2) PRAISE GLORIFIES GOD (PSALM 50:23)
Glorifying God should be our goal, we were created to do that.
He who praises God, pleases God.
3) GOD COMMANDED US TO DO SO (PSALM 50:23, 150:6, 149:1)
4) FOR ALL HIS BENEFITS TOWARDS US (PSALM 103:1-4).
5) FOR HIS GOODNESS (PSALM 107:21)
6) FOR HIS MIGHTY ACTS (PSALM 150:2)
Thanking God is application for more.
7) IT IS A GOOD THING (PSALM 92:1-3, 147:1)
BECAUSE HE IS WORTHY (2 SAM 20:4, PSALM 18:3)
9) PRAISE MAGNIFIES GOD (PSALM 69:29-30)
When God is magnified, He becomes bigger than your problems.
Praise silences enemies (Psalm 8:2)
10) PRAISE IS PROPER (PSALM 33:1)
11) GOD INHABITS PRAISE (PSALM 22:3)
God resides where there is praise.
A Praiseful environment is a natural habitation for God.
Wherever God hears praise, He is attracted to that place.
God never sends anyone to represent Him to get praise, that is why it is dangerous to get His glory.
Wherever praise is happening, God will show up there no matter how busy He is.
An environment of praise is an environment of God.
Praisers are natural carriers of God’s presence.
When praise dries from place, God departs from that place.
Priests in the old testament were not allowed to see dead bodies or to get to places of mourning in order not disturb their emotions which would affect their praises.
Any environment devoid of praise God is not there and if He is not there, disaster will happen.
You can use praise to get into breakthroughs (Habakkuk 3:18-19)
Praise makes our eyes clear to see opportunities, you are ungrateful because your eyes are fixed on what is not working.
Faith works with the tool of praise.
Wherever you don’t see praise, faith is not there.
It is impossible to see fear in a praiseful person (Psalm 23:4)
Praise attracts God’s presence; a praiseful person is never alone.
Look for something to thank God for.
When you look at the positive things in men, you will appreciate them.
God wants to move in our midst but we drive Him out because of the dryness in praise.
Whatever you appreciate God for has the ability to grow and multiply.
Never be deceived that you are where you are because of your ability.
There are intelligent people in the village, sharp Prophets who have only prophesied to five people, for being where you are now, appreciate the hand of God.
If your heart is full of praise your life will be full of God.
12) PRAISE GENERATES POWER (PALM 84:4-7)
When you praise God you get strength to face the next challenge (Nehemiah 8:10)
13) TO GET THE RIGHT DESIRES (PSALM 37:4)
When you praise God, he will give you what to desire.
What you are looking at, affects what you desire.
People who praise God have their priorities well ordered (Philippians 2:13)
14) PRAISE PRECEDES VICTORY (2 CHRONICLES 20:21-23)
Praise goes before victory.
Jehoshaphat set singers in the battle front and the end result was that God went in front of them.
When you put praise in front, God goes in front of you.
WHEN ARE WE SUPPOSED TO THANK GOD?
1) From morning till night (Psalm 113:3)
2) All day long (Psalm 71:8)
3) As long as you live (Psalm 146:2)
4) In times of depression (Psalm 42:11)
5) In everything (Ephesians 5:20)
No matter the situation you are in, praise Him.
If you can maintain your joy, you have maintained your victory.
Praise can be used as a weapon.
WHY WE NEED HELP FROM ABOVE;
1) We were created to be dependent (Gen 2:18)
2) Man’s life is characterized with many troubles and those troubles are beyond what he can handle (Job 14:1)
3) Most of the problems that men face are spiritual (2 Corinthians 10:4)
There is no good reason that qualifies you not to praise God.
Let’s sanitize our camps from complaints.
Whatever you can’t allow in God’s house, don’t allow it in your house, don’t live like unbelievers.