The 'primitive' tool of Prayer and Fasting
Prayer and fasting is a ‘primitive’ way of entreating God for divine help.
What is fasting?
The act of denying ourselves food, water and the general pleasures of the flesh (things that entertain us) in order to consecrate ourselves to God.
Social media can be a big distraction while you are fasting.
It is your spiritual status that attracts some of the things you are crying to God for, and as long as your status does not change you will not see some of those things.
It is impossible for you to adequately seek God when there are so many things competing for your attention.
God doesn’t just want your physical presence but He also wants your attention.
What you are willing to walk away from for God determines what God is willing to bring in your direction.
Jeremiah 6:16, 2 Kings 4:16
What are the benefits that we get from praying and fasting correctly?
1. It breaks bondages of sin and loosens the hold of bad habits and their rulership over your life (Isaiah 58:6)
2. There is greater clarity of mind which enhances good decision making
3.It is a means of repentance and repositioning ( Nehemiah 4:1-11, Daniel 9:1-19,2 Samuel 12 :15-16, 1 Kings 21:27)
4.Deliverance from death and destruction (2 Chronicles 20:2-3)
5. Commissioning or preparation for a new season in someone’s life (Acts 13:2, 14:23)
6. Increase in revelation and understanding of the word of God (Ephesians 1:17, Isaiah 58:8, Exodus 34:28)
7. Improved mental and physical health (Psalm 35:13-14, Isaiah 58:8)
8.It secures spiritual authority (Matthew 8:9, James 4:7)
To be in authority you have to submit to a higher authority (1 Samuel 18:5).
One Reply to “The ‘primitive’ tool of Prayer and Fasting”
Prayer and fasting is a ‘primitive’ way of entreating God for divine help. AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!